Skip to main content

Working with a Green Screen

For our music video one of the biggest parts of the project is conducted with a green screen effect. I had never tried this before, however a lot of editing techniques are self taught and learnt along the way. Which is why I took it upon myself to use the resources I have with YouTube to conduct my own research prior to our editing of the music video. This means that taking these measures will allow a much smoother editing process as I have already learnt the basics of editing the background with a green screen, and even if need be I know I have a reliable resource which I can always revert back to which will help us along the way if we were to have any queries or issues.







The use of the green screen when editing isn't actually as hard as I first suspected, the background can be changed in a few simple steps, and once the first try is out of the way it appears even easier. The more you practice the easier it becomes.
I will upload the practice one which we conducted for you all to see, there are some errors with it however due to this I have been able to identify the problems and correct them before using it on our main task. I will explain this more in the next blog about the practice green screen editing.
See you guys later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Boy Pretty // Music Video- 1 minute music video

During the summer term at the beginning of the A2 course, our job was to create and produce a 1 minute music video, so we could learn the dynamics of what it takes in order to help us when it comes to the real thing.

Filming day 1

Today was our first day of filming for our music video, we designated the first day of filming to shoot the polaroid's, and we decided as a group that the location for these shots would be Matlock Bath. We spent approximately 3 hours at this location, from 12pm-4pm. From this we managed to shoot a range of burst shots from many different angles and background locations in order to provide us with a wide range to chose from when putting them into the music video. Due to the fact these shots needed to be bursts, in order to capture every movement, we used my Iphone to take the pictures, this meant we didn't need to hire any equipment. In terms of props we just needed the artist in day to day clothes, which was pretty simple, Eloise wore a dress, coat, and hat, portraying herself as the average young woman walking through an every day environment. Here is what we managed to film/capture: We got 15 burst shots in total, these all conducted of approximately 150 photos in each sh...