Skip to main content

The end of Salt Sisters

Hi everyone, so here goes this is the end! After two hard years of sweat and blood, the media coursework has came to an end! There is to be no more researching and planning, updating you all, editing productions we are creating,and  filming endlessly to get the correct shots because from this point on A2 media coursework is finished! You heard correctly, it's finished!
I believe I have came so far since the beginning of the AS course, considering I had never edited any type of footage before, or used any software which we are lucky to have, I would say i have progressed massively and I am so pleased with myself and my team, and how we have developed over the two year period.

I have worked with Sav and Eloise during both my AS and A2 productions and I believe we all bring different techniques and talents in order for us to work so well together, when looking back at AS it's hard to believe how far we have came (give our thriller another watch I dare you) within media and how much better we understand the changing media and how to cater for an audience using our products.

I feel the skills and knowledge which I have developed on this course will constantly improve and help me understand the media industry. The research and work I have put in has clearly pad off as I have completely transformed from someone who had never used an editing software in her life, to someone who can sit comfortably and edit a whole piece of footage to a high standard with no worries! Who expected that?

I believe the overall production of 'Breathe Me' was a strong success and really presented how much time and effort we all put into the music video! I am so pleased with myself and my team and we have achieved a great deal over the past two years

Thank you all for staying with me these past two years and I thoroughly hope you've all enjoyed my journey had much as I have, no doubt i'll see you in the future :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salt sisters join Instagram

Hi guys! We have recently joined Instagram to further adapt to our fan base for our artists, and constantly let it grow. I have researched some statistics for you to see, Instagram has massively grown over the years and these statistics prove that marketing on Instagram is a smart move: Instagram has over 500 million active monthly users Instagram users have shared over 40 billion photos to date and share an average of 95 million photos and videos per day. The amount of users which Instagram has enables us to reach a huge audience with our artists and products, allowing the growth of each artist to take their own pathway on social media. It allows us to reach a new audience in a way that the audience wants to be marketed to, using visuals and short messages. Instagram pictures provide a collage, giving the audience a much richer insight into the story of our artist 'Savannah' and also our company itself 'SaltSisters'. Instagram enables us to promote everyt

Photoshop

LOL!! So our task was to take pictures against a background which we could then use Photoshop in order to create an album cover, anyway the first one we took more seriously and then we got a bit carried away with what we could actually do and started making silly pictures, either way we still got a grasp of what using photo shop is actually like and what bizarre ideas we could use for any album cover. (We have tried to get the basis of one end of the music genre scale to the other, such as Metal, Pop and then to kids music) Below I have places the images which we as a team created through Photoshop, but i would like to emphasize they aren't serious (especially the middle one lmao)!!!         Below I have placed the original pictures so you are able to see what we have achieved from original pictures vs. the Photo shopped pictures.

Practicing with a green screen

As the a large majority of our music video project is going to be conducted using a green screen effect, we thought it would be best to do a practice piece, this enables us to analyse what went well, what we need to use, and what works well when using and editing with the green screen. A green screen  is an integral part of the special effects process known formally as Chromakey. Chromakeying, sometimes known as color keying, is the process of singling out a particular color in an electronic image/footage and then using computer software to make that color transparent, which then enables us to add a background of our choice. The effect we are going for in the main task is a greyscale, shabby background in order to set the mood of the music video. However as this is our practice we just selected an average background to play with. I learnt how to do this task by watching some simple YouTube clips on green screening with Premier Pro, which is the software which we use to edit our proj